GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
With so many environmental benefits, artificial turf is naturally a green product. Learn more about how the benefits outweigh natural grass.
- Saves millions of gallons of water annually
- Excludes dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eliminates the requirement for pollution - producing mowing machinery
- Contributes towards U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Residential landscape irrigation is approximated to use up to nearly 9 billion gallons of water each day.
In certain districts, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Kennewick resident's water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water every year is used to irrigate a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 sq ft installation, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons per year, or up to $350 off the water bill, on its own. Our residential lawn products are warrantied for 15 years, so during the entire life of the lawn, our customers save around $5,250 in water cost.
The average cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential spaces in Kennewick is $0.20 square foot annually. For a 1,000 sq ft lawn, that leads to savings of $200 every year, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA estimates that, on average, 33.2 million tons of yard waste were generated each year, the third-largest part of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The average resident spends 150 hours each year keeping up the lawn. Synthetic turf eliminates that need.